ok these aren't cookies. they are more like cookie cousins, who could sit happily next to any kind of cookie (minus bad cookies or tough cookies) on a holiday cookie plate. tastes just like gingerbread!
mine turned out a little grainy...anyone have tips on perfectly smooth fudge? marshmallow?
2 tbs. butter
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup molasses
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup butterscotch chips
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1. line with foil and grease an 8" square pan.
2. in saucepan, combine butter, sugar, molasses, salt, and milk. bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes.
3. remove pan from heat and stir in butterscotch chips until melted.
4. bring mixture back to a boil and cook until it reaches the soft ball stage 238 degrees.
5. remove from heat and stir in vanilla and spices. let mixture cool for 20 minutes until 110 degrees.
6. in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat mixture on medium speed until thick and less shiny.
7. pour into prepared pan and let sit for 2 hours until set. cut into shapes with cookie cutters or squares.