these are full of buttery nutmegy eggnoggy creaminess!
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 lb. (4 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
2 egg yolks
1 tbs. vanilla extract
1. mix together sugar, cornstarch, flour salt and nutmeg.
2. add butter and mix until crumbly.
3. add egg yolks and vanilla extract and continue mixing until dough comes together.
4. form into two disks, wrap in plastic, and chill for 2 hours.
5. preheat oven to 325 degrees.
6. on floured surface, roll dough to 1/4 inch. cut with 2-3 inch cookie cutters and place on parchment lined cookie sheets. (you can also use a pizza cutter to cut diamonds or squares)
7. bake 20 to 25 minutes until light golden brown on the edges. cool on wire racks.
8. toss cooled shortbread in powdered sugar to coat.
makes about 4 dozen 2 inch cookies